Monday, June 13, 2011

N'Joy - Interview




Today we have for you an interview with a PhD from France for who music is a passion not a job. He was kind enough to do this interview altough he's working now on his new EP. We hope to hear it soon till then we have for you his April Mixtape and exclusively provided intro from this mixtape - "Medley Intro". So listen and N'Joy ;)



01. Can you at first tell our readers what's your name and where are you from?
My name is Nicolas Morizet aka N'Joy. I'm a 28 french DJ/Producer from Paris.

02. You are dj as well as remixer and producer. How did you come up with idea that you wanted to be a dj?
It all began when I was 18, I used to listen to a radioshow called "Le Mix de Léo" on the french radio Fun Radio. This weekly show was performed by 'Leo Cuenca', who always played some very nice Garage, Balearic House in a very smooth mix ! I listened very carefully to the tracklist and his transitions and I was like, wow ! Could be great if I could do the same you know ! As soon as I take my undergraduate courses in Paris, I had the opportunity to get my hands on my first pair of Technics SL1200-MKII and a very simple 2-channels Gemini mixer and started practicing very hard while pursuing my studies ! My first parties, mixing in front of hundreds of people were very exciting and confirmed me I made the right decision to be a DJ in my spare time !

03. Are you a resident in some club right?
Well, because of my very time-consuming studies, I didn't have time to be a resident DJ (actually, I had several propositions but always had to refuse, to be focused on my work). I used to mix in more than 20 clubs in Paris, for something like 10 years though.

04. If you had a chance to do a gig in any club in the world where would it be and why?
Basically in any clubs with a great sound system, where the crowd is very receptive and electrified !
But to name a few, let's say "Ministry Of Sound" (London, UK), "Pacha" (London, Ibiza, NYC, don't care), "Ruby Skye" (San Francisco, USA).

05. Any dream collaborations you’d like to take on?
I would love to have some collaborations with artists who inspire me like Alan Braxe, Fred Falke or Lifelike.

06. We heard from you that now you're focused on production (new EP). Can you reveal sth about it?
That's right ! I'm currently finalizing my forthcoming EP on the UK label "Lifted Recordings".
This EP will include "Take Me Up", "Love Is What You Deserve", another secret track and some nice surprises..

07. Where from do you take inspiration for productions?
I like to listen to classic disco-funk tunes to find the right sample but also current vocal house and french house productions. I'm also spending some time jamming on my keyboards, testing samples and soundbanks until I feel I'm taking the right direction for a track.

08. Is there any production or remix of yours that you're particularly proud of? Why?
I'm trying to do my best on each project but I think my remix of 'Leon Ware - Inside Your Love' sounds pretty good.
I received a very nice feedback on this remix ! This was the first time I worked on a classic tune like this one and I really enjoyed remixing it.

09. Do you have any favorite band/dj/producer that you really like and you would recommend to follow?
Besides famous artists like Alan Braxe, Fred Falke, Lifelike or Breakbot (everyone should already know about..), I would recommend a bunch of great producers you definitely should follow : Anoraak, Jupiter, Fear Of Tigers, Diamond Cut, Russ Chimes, Lorenz Rhode, Shook, ODahl, VanGuard, Miguel Campbell, Cryda Luv', Groove Savor, Thony Ritz, Galactik Knights.

10. What's your Top 3 tunes right now?

- MAM - Bedroom Dancer
- Visitor - Coming Home (Lifelike Remix)
- ‪College feat. Anoraak - Fantasy Park (Moullinex Remix)‬

11. Do you have any passions/hobbies except music or music takes all of your time?
Even if I take it seriously, music is not my job (I've got a PhD and I'm a research assistant). Some of my other passions are pretty geeky like programming, photoshopping and more recently I've been learning video compositing, to make awesome teasers and video trailers for my next projects ! ;-)


Exclusive "Medley Intro" from Nicolas you can get from here -> [DOWNLOAD]


And here is his Spring Mixtape:


N'Joy - Spring Mixtape (April 2011) by N'Joy

More informations about him you can find following those links:


Official Website
www.djnjoy.eu
Facebook Fan Page
http://www.facebook.com/pages/NJoy/137329501828
Soundcloud
http://soundcloud.com/njoy-1/
MySpace
www.myspace.com/njoy09
Twitter
http://twitter.com/thisisnjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
.